Monday, August 10, 2009

Preseason Length

On August 2nd I posted about NFL preseason camps starting with fundamental being addressed before any hard hitting or super intense workouts. Today on ESPN they were showing some of the major universities and reporting from their camps across the country as they prepare for the upcoming season. i was wondering what people thought about the length of time necessary to prepare for the season. I would say around 3 weeks would be ideal for me, maybe 2 weeks and a preseason or exhibition game with another week following before the season starts.

I know games are important for an athlete because competition is what they prepare for and more than 3 weeks of training before any games would seem to get boring and mundane to them. Of course it would depend on the sport and skill level, but I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment