Thursday, May 28, 2009

Real Thursday Post

Here is my "real" Thursday post since my last post was making up for this Wednesday which I missed. Today was my last day an English High School working in the step-up program and the athletes performed their post-test so we could collect data on the improvements (hopefully) that were made throughout the year. I think for the most part they enjoy being tested because it gives them a sense of accomplishment and therefore is a generally positive experience for them. On Monday they will come in for the last time and be able to participate in a variety of activities that we have done all year. Unfortunately I will be flying to Denver Saturday and unable to make it. I look forward to writing again tomorrow about my recent trip to Cincinnati, OH until then check out this great story about Manhattan College's new basketball center:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4207158

The best part of this article is the coach's decision to take a chance. In recruiting athletes we often take risks on athletes who have poor academic records or behavioral problems, why not take an athlete with a physical disability? Very powerful message here.

No comments:

Post a Comment